Monday, August 01, 2005

GO UP MOSES by Roberta Flack, Joel Dorn and Jesse Jackson

Go up Moses, you've been down too long, Go up Moses, better free us all. Go up Moses, you've been down too long, Go up Moses, better free us alll. Blind man sees that things are wrong. Deaf man hears some funny changes. Boss man hears the people's song, coaxes lies and rearranges Ain't no love and ain't no hate. Only dollars got the weight. Lift your head and pass the plate, this time just don't pay the freight. Am I clear this morning y'all?, Am I clear this morning y'all?, Am I clear this morning y'all? Go up Moses, you've been down too long. You've been down too long, you've been down too long. My people let Pharoah go. You don't need him. You don't need his tricks. You don't need his trinkets. Pharoah doesn't want you, but he needs you. Without you there is no Pharoah. All you have to do to let him go is let him go. Just wake up tomorrow and say "Bye Pharoah" Am I clear this morning y'all?, Am I clear this morning y'all?, Am I clear this morning y'all? You've been down too long, You've been down too long. Am I Clear? (c) 1971 Sapphire Music

No comments: