Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Gar's comment

Once again Gar had commentary for one of my recent posts ....and once again I would like to share it with everyone. Gar said "I've read some of your posts and I'm with you. The big question - as always is - just what are we going to do about it. I live in Arkansas. Even though we have a Republican governor, we have Democratic Senators and Democratic members in the House but they might as well be Republicans.They voted for CAFTA. They voted for the Energy Bill. They voted for the Bankruptcy Bill. They voted for the Transportation Bill.I am constantly writing letters, making phone calls and writing editors of local newspapers. Frankly, I'm getting discouraged. If there were a strong third party, I would be in it. The elected Democrats from my state don't have a clue what being a Democrat is all about. It's no wonder we can't win national elections. Why should people vote for second-rate Republicans (Democrats) when they can vote for the real deal. At least, with Republicans, you know what you’re getting; a greedy, self-righteous, religious bigot who is against women’s and worker’s rights and for big oil and pharmacy companies. Who the hell knows what you'll get if you elect a Democrat?

No comments: