Sunday, February 06, 2005

Simon Rosenberg Drops Out of DNC Race

Former Vermont governor and presidential aspirant Howard Dean moved one step closer to becoming the Democratic National Chairman because one major opponent Simon Rosenberg dropped out of the race. Rosenberg had this to say "Effective today, I am ending my campaign for chair of the Democratic National Committee. I am grateful for the opportunity I have had to share my vision with Democrats around the country, and I remain encouraged by the depth and thoughtfulness DNC members have brought to this important process of picking our next chair.Today, I am endorsing Governor Howard Dean to be the next Chairman of the DNC. While we have not always agreed on every issue, I believe his passion for our Party, his remarkable fighting spirit, his direct and powerful way of speaking, and his commitment to bringing regular people back into our Party will allow him to revitalize our Party and help us win again in the 21st century. " Rosenberg became the second major Dean opponent to drop out of the race this week. Earlier former Denver mayor Wellington Webb also removed himself from the running. Like Rosenberg, Webb also endorsed Dean for the chairmenship. This should sent a strong message to the DLC Democrats that they are out of touch with what the party and what the nation really wants, which is NOT "Bush Lite".

No comments: